Deadline for Entries: 7.00 pm on Sunday October 24th 2021
This humanitarian award is the highest honour bestowed by the Irish Red Cross on an individual for exceptional humanitarian achievement. The individual will not only have demonstrated extraordinary leadership but will have made a positive difference in the lives of others. This individual will also have inspired others to make societal changes a reality.
Entrants for the award may be self-nominated or nominated by others. The nominee’s achievements are not restricted to a particular time period – all historical achievements may be included in the entry. Please provide supplementary information to support the entry (such as photos and videos) where prompted on the entry form.
All nominees must be Irish or Ireland Based
Finalists will be notified by the judging panel in early November. This year’s winners will be honoured at a live ceremony that will take place in Smock Alley on Sunday 28th November at 7pm. The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
Entries will be judged on the following:
- How the nominee(s) made an outstanding contribution to humanitarian work/ issues
- How many people were impacted / reached / influenced / educated by the work of the nominee(s)
- How much of a lasting impact the nominee(s) is making on the lives of others
- How the nominee(s) and/ or their story is inspiring others to make change
- How compelling you tell your / your nominee(s) story
- Nominees must be Irish or Ireland based