Journalism Excellence Award
Deadline for Entries: Friday September 20th 2019 at 7.00PM.
Honest, fearless and impartial journalism is a cornerstone of Humanitarianism. This award recognises an individual’s outstanding contribution to humanitarian storytelling in the media.
Entrants for the award may be self-nominated, or nominated by others. The nominee should have published or broadcast their work over the last 24 months through a recognised media channel. All media channels are considered for the purpose of this award. Please provide supplementary information to support the entry (such as photos and videos) where prompted on the entry form.
Finalists will be notified by the judging panel in early November. The award winners will be announced at the Irish Red Cross Humanitarian Awards Ball on Saturday November 16th 2019 at the Ballsbridge Hotel, Dublin 2
Entries will be judged on the following:
- How the nominee(s) made an outstanding contribution to humanitarian work/ issues
- How many people were impacted/ reached/ influenced/ educated by the work of the nominee(s)
- How much of a lasting impact the nominee(s) is making on the lives of others
- How the nominee(s) and/ or their story is inspiring others to make change
- How compelling you tell your/ your nominee(s) story